By Scott Thong
Bwah ha ha ha ha ha! Take that in your face, Gorezilla! If this keeps up, Al Gore and his hypocrite cronies could be conclusively debunked as utterly wrong and disowned as dishonest swindlers within my lifetime! Before allowing it to be shown in schools Britain-wide, the British government has officially tried AL Gore’s global warming propa-scam-da film, An Inconvenient Truth, in court… And have reached the following conclusions (bolding is mine): —————————— …the Court found that the film was misleading in 11 respects and that the Guidance Notes drafted by the Education Secretary’s advisors served only to exacerbate the political propaganda in the film. In order for the film to be shown, the Government must first amend their Guidance Notes to Teachers to make clear that 1.) The Film is a political work and promotes only one side of the argument. 2.) If teachers present the Film without making this plain they may be in breach of section 406 of the Education Act 1996 and guilty of political indoctrination. 3.) Eleven inaccuracies have to be specifically drawn to the attention of school children. The inaccuracies are:
- The film claims that melting snows on Mount Kilimanjaro evidence global warming. The Government’s expert was forced to concede that this is not correct.
- The film suggests that evidence from ice cores proves that rising CO2 causes temperature increases over 650,000 years. The Court found that the film was misleading: over that period the rises in CO2 lagged behind the temperature rises by 800-2000 years.
[See Climate Skeptic where you can find this outright lie to school children to spread global warming propaganda graph: And the actual facts graph: Teaching blatant, 180-degrees turned around untruths to kids… Can global warming fearmongers get any more intentionally, ethicslessly dishonest? Unfortunately, being comprised mostly of LIE-berals, I’m sure they can.]
- The film uses emotive images of Hurricane Katrina and suggests that this has been caused by global warming. The Government’s expert had to accept that it was “not possible” to attribute one-off events to global warming.
- The film shows the drying up of Lake Chad and claims that this was caused by global warming. The Government’s expert had to accept that this was not the case.
- The film claims that a study showed that polar bears had drowned due to disappearing arctic ice. It turned out that Mr Gore had misread the study: in fact four polar bears drowned and this was because of a particularly violent storm.
- The film threatens that global warming could stop the Gulf Stream throwing Europe into an ice age: the Claimant’s evidence was that this was a scientific impossibility.
- The film blames global warming for species losses including coral reef bleaching. The Government could not find any evidence to support this claim.
- The film suggests that the Greenland ice covering could melt causing sea levels to rise dangerously. The evidence is that Greenland will not melt for millennia.
- The film suggests that the Antarctic ice covering is melting, the evidence was that it is in fact increasing.
[See Irrefutable, It-Is-A-Fact Global Warming Causes ‘All-Time’ High Antarctic Ice.]
- The film suggests that sea levels could rise by 7m causing the displacement of millions of people. In fact the evidence is that sea levels are expected to rise by about 40cm over the next hundred years and that there is no such threat of massive migration.
- The film claims that rising sea levels has caused the evacuation of certain Pacific islands to New Zealand. The Government are unable to substantiate this and the Court observed that this appears to be a false claim.
Learnt about at The Jawa Report, Climate Skeptic and Newsbusters which source from the original here. More related cartoons can be found at Al Gore 2007 Nobel Peace Prize Editorial Cartoons and Global Warming Editorial Cartoons.