St. Mary’s County, MD, September 18, 2009—On the heels of the historic 9/12 Tea Party in Washington, DC, Truth About Green, a Maryland-based non-profit organization, will hold the nation’s first Green Tea Party on Saturday, September 26 from 1 to 4 pm in Washington, DC’s Lafayette Park. The national event will feature guest speakers on proposed global warming legislation before the U.S. Congress and other environmental issues, as well as entertainment by country music artist John Luskey.
Truth About Green was founded in 2009 by Maryland residents Nancy Sabater and Mary Burke-Russell. “We didn’t feel enough was being done to educate everyday, ordinary Americans about the other side of the global warming debate,” said Sabater. “The biggest issue next to health care is ‘cap-and-tax,’ but hardly anyone knows what it is or just what it will mean for the average person. Before we impose all these costly regulations, it’s important to have all the facts – and to have more common sense about what we’re doing.”
Featured speakers at the nation’s first Green Tea Party include:
- Howard Brandston, Lighting Consultant and Designer.
- Paul Chesser and James Taylor, The Heartland Institute.
- Lindsay Janeway, aka CrabbyCon on Twitter.
- Andrew Langer, founder of the Institute for Liberty.
- Ann McElhinney and Phelim McAleer, international documentarians and producers of the soon-to-be-released “Not Evil, Just Wrong,” a rebuttal film aimed at uncovering the falsehoods presented in Al Gore’s documentary, “An Inconvenient Truth.”
- Steve Milloy, author of Green Hell: How Environmentalists Plan to Control Your Life and What You Can Do to Stop Them, and founder and publisher of www.junkscience.com, a website devoted to defending the truth of science.
- Marc Morano, editor of Climate Depot.
- Phil Parenti, Americans for Prosperity, Southern Maryland Chapter.
- Julie Walsh, Freedom Action.
Charles Loller, founder of New Day Maryland, will serve as emcee. “We want to create venues where we can have a good time and talk about important issues. All Americans need to be better informed about the potentially life-changing decisions our politicians could make,” said Sabater.
For more information about the nation’s first Green Tea Party, please visit www.truthaboutgreen.org.
One thought on “Green Tea Party Update”
Here's to the crazy climate change, the misfit, the rebel, the troublemaker. It's not fond of rules and it has no respect for the status quo. You can misinterpret it, understand it, glorify or vilify it, about the only thing you can't do is ignore it, because it changes, always has and always will, and there is nothing anybody can do about it. Climate change helps push the human race forward, and for that matter it pushes all living species forward. Without climate change, species would have no incentive to adapt and evolve. In climate change I see genius, because it's crazy enough to think it can change the world, and it does.
The weather is not your fault folks. You are not to blame for the climate of the Earth. It's the Sun stupid. Don't blame me for the weather bro.