By James Lewis, American Thinker
Your body is full of toxins — it’s just that the body self-regulates the amounts of all those molecules so they do no harm. Take NO, nitric oxide. If you breathe in pure NO gas you won’t last long. But if you release little bits of NO at just the right nerve endings inside the body, you get — Viagra! In fact, no NO, no sex. So we need NO to reproduce and have kids and all that. Every mammal in the worlds needs NO to make whoopie. The earth supports a stable biosphere, which swings back and forth a little bit in its basic variables, but largely ends up self-regulating quite nicely. That’s how mammals got to be 200 million years old. If the temps, air pressure or oxygen levels ever got way out of whack there would be no mammals today. Some time in the last 200 million years all the mice and tree shrews and human ancestors would have been wiped out. So there must be pretty good stability of the major biological variables like oxygen, CO2, temperature, and all that, even with the ice ages (which never covered the whole world, of course). So all the animals just migrated south when things got cold. The most obvious example of stability is the synergy between animals and plants. Stop me if you’ve heard this before, like in elementary school, but plants photosynthesize CO2 into O2, which animals breathe, and then convert back into CO2. Take a deep breath, and say thank you to the nice plants. Thank you! They are keeping you alive. Behold, Mother Gaia is all merciful!
The global warming frauds have been screaming about the world going out of control! Because, in their fantasy computer games, CO2 triggers something else — like heat, or water vapor — which in turn increases CO2, which in turn makes it hotter all over the globe, which in turn kills everybody. That’s it. That’s why the scaremonger demagogues who are now running the EPA are declaring CO2 to be a poison — with cap and trade schemes to squeeze money out of all you suckers today, just for exhaling from both ends. And guess what! The Telegraph of the UK has just discovered that CO2 helps trees to grow bigger! And that means that more CO2 means more trees means more oxygen for you and me! CO2 looks like a self-regulating atmospheric gas. All those belching smokestacks and car engines are just making all the plants and algae grow more, which helps to soak up more CO2, etc., etc. This news should come as a bad shock to Carole Browner at the EPA. Because if it’s true, then CO2 is not an ever-accelerating greenhouse gas, and we’re not all going to be incinerated! Which would ruin the day for all the nutty ecofreaks all over the Western world, plus their political enablers, and their media con artists.
The Bottom Line
The earth’s climate … is dominated by a strong net negative feedback. [That is, stabilizing self-regulation.] Climate sensitivity is on the order of 0.3°C, and such warming as may arise from increasing greenhouse gases will be indistinguishable from the fluctuations in climate that occur naturally from processes internal to the climate system itself.
Read the whole thing at “Watt’s up with that?” and send it to your friends who have been suckered so badly. If enough people get this, it will ruin the Democrats’ cap and trade scam and the whole Obama Hustle on the climate. And that would really be a disaster for the Left. Shock your liberal neighbors! Spread the word. And tell them to go back to school. Source
One thought on “Surprise! Trees grow bigger on CO2”
Carbon dioxide facts:
1.Carbon dioxide (CO2) is a colorless gas that appears as a trace (less than 0.04%)component of air.
2. CO2 is essential for plant growth and is essential for life on earth.
3. It is produced mainly by nature but also as a result of the combustion of compounds that contain carbon, such as coal, petroleum and natural gas.
4. CO2 is classified as a “greenhouse gas”. All components of the atmosphere are greenhouse gases, and without them the earth would be a frozen ball of ice.
5. The greenhouse affect of CO2 is insignificant when compared to that of water vapor in the atmosphere. The Global Warming people disregard water vapor when talking about greenhouse gases.
6. CO2 is sometimes sited as the cause of “Acid Rain” but CO2 when combined with water produces a very mild acid. Acid rain has been mostly eliminated by the removal of sulfur and nitrogen oxides from combustion gases.
7. CO2 has sometimes been blamed for the death of some coral reefs. Coral is an animal which depends on CO2 for the growth of its calcium carbonate skeleton. Coral, like all animals eventually die and do live forever.
8. It is amazing that plant life can live with the present trace amount of CO2 in air. Experiments have shown that a higher concentration will cause faster plant growth.
9. The concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere has increased only about 0.01% during the past 200 years. That still is only a trace amount.
10. Carbon dioxide is not a pollutant or poison because it is about 4% in the breath that man exhales.