By K. Daniel Glover
Momentum has been building for months, and now the big Not Evil Just Wrong day is finally here. Come Sunday at 8 p.m. EST, it’s time for a cinematic tea party! All across America and around the world, people will display their movie posters, roll out their pieces of red carpet, and help Ann and Phelim set a world record for a simultaneous movie premiere. The resistance against Al Gore and his cronies of capitalistic destruction begins now! With 6,000 screening in 27 countries, it’s going to be one amazing party. There will be premieres in every state as consumers fight to protect their American Dream from draconian regulations inspired by global warming hysteria. How excited are people about this premiere? The announcement on the Web site of the Heritage Foundation, where Ann will speak along with headliners like Andrew Breitbart of Big Hollywood and Big Government fame, says it all: “The auditorium is at capacity. No more RSVPs will be accepted.” Professors Richard Lindzen and Don Roberts, two of the characters in Not Evil Just Wrong, also will speak at the Heritage screening. And Christopher Lord Monckton, who also appears in the film, will be part of the premiere at Texas A&M University in College Station. Canadians are part of the resistance, too. Every province there will be part of premiere night, and Phelim will host one in Toronto. [Ed’s note: Phelim will actually be at the Vancouver premiere]
Greenpeace co-founder Patrick Moore, another expert interviewed in the documentary, also will join the party at Hollywood Theatre in Vancouver, where the movie will play on the big screen. The Fraser Institute is supporting that effort. Here’s a sampling of other public screenings on premiere night:
- The Kansas branch of Americans for Prosperity and the Flint Hill Center for Public Policy are co-hosting a screening in Wichita, where Ann spoke in late September. The program will feature meteorologist Mike Smith giving an atmospheric scientist’s view of global warming.
- The Tennessee Center for Policy Research, the group that cooled global warming alarmism by exposing Al Gore’s hypocritical home energy use, is hosting a premiere at Belmont University in Nashville, with a discussion and question-and-answer to follow.
- The Rio Grand Foundation and Citizens Alliance for Responsible Energy are co-hosting a screening at Las Cruces Allen Theatres Cineport 10.
- Multiple screenings are on the agenda in Ohio, a state that will be particularly hard hit by a “cap and trade” scheme to restrict carbon dioxide emissions. Tom Stacy of Save Western Ohio expects up to 400 people at the premiere his group is hosting, and American Patriots against Government Excess expects to fill all 800 seats available for the show at Clyde High School in Fremont.
- Campus premieres at three locations in Pennsylvania: Muhlenberg College in Allentown, Lehigh University in Bethlehem and Grove City College. The Valley Forge Patriots also are hosting a screening at Molly Maguire’s in their revolutionary city.
- Missourians apparently prefer a little spice at their tea parties. People in Kansas City will gather two hours before show time for a “Global Warming BBQ” at Harmony Vineyard Church.
- There aren’t many people in Montana, but the ones who live there are eager to join the resistance against global warming hysteria. Screenings are scheduled in Billings, Bozeman, Dillon, Glendive, Helena, Kalispell, Missoula and Polson.
Get the details about other public premieres of the movie on the Not Evil Just Wrong site and at our Facebook fan page. If you’re not already one of our fans, please join the more than 4,300 people who have joined our online resistance there. And if you really want to be wowed, take a gander at our Google map of premieres around the world. It includes both public premieres and those in people’s homes. It’s the perfect portrait of a cinematic tea party in action, and you can be part of it!Source